="=

Monday, May 25, 2009

Is Ashwarya Rai jealous?



The gorgeous jet-setting diva tells us about her crazy schedule, her modelling days, why she refused Dostana and much more… So here comes Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Unplugged:
There had been rumours that Ash refused Dostana because she was uncomfortable wearing a lot of beachwear in the film and the fact that she doesn’t walk away with Abhishek in the end. For the first time, Mrs Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gives us her side of the story.

“They were just rumours, and it had nothing to do with comfort or discomfort,” she replies. “I had agreed to do Dostana on the outset. Karan had spoken to me and I had accepted to do the film. We were looking forward to having a real, fun time making the film (in Miami), as you can see it has turned out fabulously and you can see the fun they had making it. I loved the film too,” she adds.

But then Ash decided to opt out of the film. “But I opted to step out because the movie was going to be shot immediately after our wedding. And, it was meant to be out this summer, which means that it would be our first movie together after marriage,” says Ash.

So why did she walk out of the film? “We discussed among ourselves as to how everything would turn out. Dostana is really about the chemistry and the rapport that Abhishek’s and John’s characters share. It is not about the love story, which is there, but it’s not the focal point of the film. It is about John and Abhishek and their fun space and chemistry,” explains Ash.

She felt that a love story between her and Abhi would take attention away from John and Abhi. “Even now, John and I give each other killer looks and I keep teasing them about it all. It is about their fun space and chemistry and we didn’t want to take the attention away from there and wonder what the audience would expect… a love story between Abhishek and me, if I was there,” says Ash.

She further says, “Because this movie was suppose to be filmed back then and be our first release after marriage, we did not want the audience to go into that space. Dostana is a fun and light film unlike, Sarkar Raj, which is a serious film. Yes, it does not have a love story track, but the genre is serious unlike the light, frothy popcorn genre of Dostana. So, I decided to walk out,” says Ash.

And what does she think about John and Abhi’s kissing scene in the end? “Aapko film acchi lagi na, mazaa aaya na, bas that is all that matters,” is the prompt reply from her.

So how do you feel being on the ramp again? “I am filled with a strong sense of déjà vu.” What is common between Longines and Aishwarya? “Well, we are perfectly comfortable with each other going by the duration we have lasted (9 years) in terms of our relationship. I completely agree with their motto, ‘elegance is an attitude’ because elegance is who you are, it is innate and not just what you put forth externally. The brand has been around for a really long time and it has had such fantastic ambassadors so I feel privileged to be in such fine company. It has a bit of yesterday and today which I relate to because I like simplicity, understated and it has so much history to it that has stood the test of time.”

Which was your first watch? “To be very honest, and I am really being honest here, I don’t remember the brand. I was just so happy that Daddy had given me a present, a gift. My father has been a marine engineer and he was travelling abroad and he got me a watch when he thought I was of age to get my own watch. I don’t remember looking at the brand.”

How are you managing time nowadays: you have been shooting for Ravan and Robot, you are walking the ramp here and you have your have your family commitments? “The key word here is management. Of course life does get very hectic…it has always been and only gets that much more. You have to manage it without questioning how. It is about the mindset with which you take everyday forth and then you will be okay on the road. Only take on as much as you can chew and give it your best coz you have to be effective, otherwise you will end up in utter chaos.”

You look very happy these days. Has married life taken over your career? “I am still working very much so, but going by the commitments I have: my films and my personal commitments. It all calls for a very hectic schedule but we are all managing it. It’s been so far, so good and if it gets too much, you just need to cut down. I am working on Robot, I am working on Mani’s movie, I have accepted Vipul’s movie and Sanjay’s movie, Pink Panther will release and I am speaking to two other people. So it is hectic. As far as happiness is concerned, thank you for noticing. It is just an internal emotion and I am thankful it shows.”

What do you miss most when you are abroad and how do you make up for it? “ In our lives, travel doesn’t only mean going abroad. Right now we are in a remote place in Kerala so that is also being away from home. I miss family the most and if Abhishek and I are not working together, then obviously each other. Home is where the heart is and we want to be together.”
“In terms of making up for it, we make very minute count as we value the time we have together. It is about being together the place doesn’t matter. Mumbai is home to me. I love the city, it’s my home and nothing is dearer to me more than home. I enjoy the pleasure of being at home because we actors are vagabonds most of the time, travelling around the country or the world and returning home is always a pleasure and Mumbai provides that comfort.”

What made you go back in time and do Ravan, which is a period film? “It is a Mani Ratnam movie, firstly. Time may pass but I never seem to forget and I never will forget people that count. Mani is my first director and it is a pleasure to work with him. It is a privilege and an honour for any actor or technician to work with Mani firstly because he is a brilliant filmmaker and personally I have more of a soft spot for him and share a superb working relationship with my first director.”

What are your New Year plans? “Like I am going to be telling you (laughs). New Year obviously is always family time, it’s always been and I have married between last year and this year so we are going to spend time together. Until then we are working very hard on our films and New Year will be the window of time off that we intend to spend with each other.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Aishwarya Rai's Sexy Wallpapers - Photos, News, Images, Pictures, Movies, Stills, and her life.. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Disclaimer: This blog is for entertainment purposes only. Content may contain errors or inaccurate information, as it is based on gossip, news, rumors, and personal opinions. All images and videos that appear on this blog are copyright their respective owners. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on this blog, contact us at katswallpapers[at]yahoo[dot]com and we will remove them immediately once we see copy right document...this theme was Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com